VA Physician Assistant Services (PAS) Office
Physician Assistant Services (PAS) Office oversees the physician assistant program and policy development in the Department of Veterans Affairs VA. PA Services ensures that the utilization of physician assistants (PAs) in VA is optimized to provide quality and accessible care to Veterans.
As the single largest employer of physician assistants(pdf) in the nation, VA can offer you a wide range of challenging opportunities across the continuum of care. Physician Assistants practice in all areas of Veteran care and are one of three VHA professions that can diagnose, treat and prescribe.
Physician Assistant Resources
Ask a PA Services SME
Do you have a question about PA practice in the VA? Please submit your question here "Ask a PAS SME"
Our Subject Matter Experts do their best to respond to these questions as soon as possible so please be patient while our SMEs research and prepare the best possible answer.
Additionally, you are highly encouraged to seek guidance, answers, and recommendations from your Facility Chief PA – they are a wealth of resources and information.
Physician Assistant - Site Navigation
PAs provide medical care to Veterans across the spectrum of medicine and surgery. The occupation’s flexibility in transitioning to different medical specialties is of significant strategic value when addressing shortages or changes in health care provider workforce needs.
VHA MISSION STATEMENT
Honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
VHA VISION STATEMENT
VA will lead the future in delivering unparalleled health and well-being to our nation’s Veterans, and to the nati
VA HEALTH CARE PRIORITIES
• Hire faster and more competitively
• Connect Veterans to the soonest and best care
• Serve Veterans with military environmental exposures
• Accelerate VA’s journey to a High Reliability Organization
• Support Veterans’ whole health, their caregivers, and survivors
• Prevent Veteran suicide
VHA STRATEGIC ENABLERS
• Retain, invest in, and support our people
• Scale best practices and drive innovation
• Improve our technology systems and workflows
• Drive equity for women, minority and LGBTQ+ Veterans
• Modernize our facilities into the future
• Partner with VSOs, tribes, states, advocates, and agencies
*Link will take you outside of the Dept of Veterans Affairs (VA) Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites. The link will open in a new window for the content of the linked websites.