Resources - PACT
PACT allows patients to have a more active role in their health care and is associated with increased quality improvement, patient satisfaction, and a decrease in hospital costs due to fewer hospital visits and readmissions. Primary Care Services has developed a variety of tools to assist Primary Care staff with the transformation process towards becoming patient-centered medical homes.
To learn more, visit the sites below for more background information, articles, discussion boards, and other websites which will assist you in this endeavor.
VHA Articles and Information
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Concept Paper
- 10 Things You Can Do Now
- Engaging Your Team: The First Step Towards Shared Innovation
- Make Room for Patient-Centered Care
- Analyze Tasks for the Patient-Centered Medical Home
Useful Non-VA Websites*
- American College of Physicians: Medical Homes & Patient-Centered Care
- Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative Website
- Johns Hopkins Primary Care Policy Center
- TransforMED-Transforming Medical Practices
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program Stanford School of Medicine
*By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video, and other file formats.