Patient Care Services
VA Chaplain Services - Employment Information and Resources
Chaplain Career Opportunities
Opportunities to apply for employment as a VA Chaplain are announced on the Federal job website: USA JOBS* or at VA Careers.
VA Chaplains recognize that spiritual health is a crucial component of overall health for many Veterans. Chaplains perform spiritual assessments and clinical pastoral care that are carefully integrated into the holistic care provided by interdisciplinary treatment teams.
Additional Employment Information:
- How to Apply On-Line Using VA Careers: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/index.asp . Type in "Chaplain" in the Keyword(s)Series# box and any other desired criteria. Click on the "search" button. It will provide a list of VA "Chaplain" jobs. When you select the desired position, it provides instructions on how to apply on-line.
- List of Ecclesiastical Endorsers (excel) - List of Ecclesiastical Endorsers (pdf)
- VA Form 10-253, Ecclesiastical Endorsement for Chaplaincy (pdf)
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement Template (word)
- Becoming a VA Chaplain (pdf)
- Faxing Brochure (word)
- Uploading Application Documents and Checking the Status of your Application (word)